Welcome to our blog series called, “Why Brands Work With Pattern.” Each week we discuss why the top brands in ecommerce turn to Pattern to drive global, profitable growth and control.
This week we are highlighting Skullcandy. Skullcandy, with Pattern's team of ecommerce advertising experts, increased their marketplace sales by 538% within one week.
See what we accomplished together below and download the case study PDF here.
What problem was Skullcandy facing?
Skullcandy is a US-based electronics company that sells headphones, hands free devices and earbuds.
The business has seen significant sales growth through its partnership with Pattern in the USA. In Europe, Skullcandy needed a partner who understood the local markets, to grow sales and act as a distribution partner.
Due to the brand’s popularity, many unofficial resellers on Amazon were supplying Skullcandy products; often with inconsistent levels of customer care, content, or product availability which was leading to lost sales and brand erosion. Skullcandy engaged Pattern’s International team to protect the brand and achieve sales growth across all of Amazon’s European sites.
Pattern and Skullcandy’s strategy
Pattern transitioned Skullcandy away from selling wholesale to Amazon to our 3P Amazon seller model, with our distribution centers in the UK and Netherlands supplying Skullcandy products on Amazon for all European markets. After only six weeks, Pattern Europe was able to win back control for the brand and regained full sales velocity for the existing range.
This was achieved by:
- Creating brand-compliant content that reflected the brand guidelines
- Selling product across all European markets and localizing the content for those sites, ensuring an improved customer experience in five languages
- Implementing a local customer service team to address customer feedback and respond to queries quickly
- Optimizing listings for SEO to increase the brand’s discoverability in Amazon search results
- Optimizing advertising to acquire new reviews, while improving ROAS
Pattern has become one of Skullcandy’s top resellers in Europe, growing 105% in the last year expanding its range for the UK, Germany, Spain, and Italy.
The brand experienced:
- 538% increase in marketplace sales within one week through advertising optimization
- In the first month, the addition of Enhanced Brand Content and videos drove a 2% increase in conversion rate
- Launched new Evo True wireless range on the same day as its D2C site for consistency (no other retailers were able to achieve this)
- The EVO range contains two of Skullcandy’s all-time top 10 sellers
One team—Skullcandy and Pattern
Working together in an aligned fashion with Skullcandy’s team helped us achieve these results together. Partner obsession is in our DNA—we win when our partners win.
Download Skullcandy’s one page case study here.
If you are facing similar ecommerce challenges, Pattern can help. Our global platform and services don’t cost you anything—that’s right, $0 out of your pocket.
Schedule a demonstration of the Pattern platform and services here to learn more.