Welcome to our blog series called, “Why Brands Work With Pattern.” Each week we discuss why the top brands in ecommerce turn to Pattern to drive global, profitable growth and control.
This week we are highlighting a major UK health and wellness brand. With Pattern's help, this brand increased monthly traffic by 5.5x.
See what we accomplished together below and download the case study PDF here.
Why this brand partnered with Pattern: Inconsistent brand image, no proper marketing strategies
This brand was launched in China through several platforms (Tmall and JD) by various distributors. The brand image, communication, and pricing by each partner was not aligned. There was also no proper branded trading and marketing strategies.
What the brand and Pattern accomplished together
- Completing an audit of current business
- Establishing a three year launch plan
- Reviewing pricing strategy
Let’s chat about each of the pillars and discuss the outcomes we achieved working together with this brand.
3 strategic pillars that helped the brand grow
1. Completing an audit of current business
In order to have a clearer picture of the brand’s current marketplace setup, operations, and objectives, Pattern experts ran workshops to talk to and learn from key stakeholders from the brand. As part of this, we assessed the current brand status in China across Tmall and key social media platforms including RED, Weibo, and Wechat. It was crucial to have an overview of what the brand was already working with to move forward with creating a clear growth strategy.
2. Establishing a three year launch plan
After assessing the current business, we worked with the brand to establish a 3-year plan for the brand to officially launch in the market via a Tmall flagship store. To help this plan flourish, Pattern experts laid out a series of branded marketing and trading strategies.
3. Reviewing pricing strategy
To further ensure that this plan would be successful, we reviewed the pricing strategy with the brand to ensure all pricing by each distributor would be aligned. No matter how robust and thought out the rest of the brand’s strategy was, having inconsistent pricing could dramatically affect sales and growth so it was imperative the create a clear pricing strategy.
- After a robust soft launch and grand launch activities, traffic to the store kept improving. The monthly traffic has increased 550% in 8 months.
- We defined the strategic approach for launching on Tmall, RED, Weibo, and Wechat and executed with our trade and marketing team based in China.
- We provided guidance on how to setup partnerships with 3rd parties and distribution partners to ensure robust and pragmatic agreements are in place.
Working together in an aligned fashion with the brand’s team helped us achieve these results together. Partner obsession is in our DNA—we win when our partners win.
Download the one page case study here.
If you are facing similar ecommerce challenges, Pattern can help. Our global platform and services don’t cost you anything—that’s right, $0 out of your pocket.
Schedule a demonstration of the Pattern platform and services here to learn more.