Long gone are the days when Amazon listings were limited to a simple product description, five bullet points, and eight pictures. As the platform, and number of sellers, has grown, sellers have had to be more and more strategic and eye-catching to increase traffic and conversions on their listings.
Brands on Amazon have plenty of attractive options available to design their Amazon storefront, which reside in two of Amazon’s content tools: A+ Content and Premium A+ Content (or A++ Content).
Here’s the pros and cons of brands using A+ Content vs. Premium A+ Content:
What is Amazon A+ Content?
Amazon A+ Content is a standard feature available to all Amazon Sellers and free as one of the many benefits of Amazon Brand Registry.
With A+ Content, a product listing can have more than a plain text description and standard photo reel—it can include high quality multimedia photos and videos alongside eye-catching information to share the product story, and not just the product appearance.
Some noteworthy features that Amazon A+ offers are:
- Multiple, varied images of a product
- Strategically concise introduction
- Bullet points
- 360° product views
- Matrix comparison charts
- “What’s in the box” section
What is Amazon Premium A+ Content?
Amazon Premium A+ Content, or Amazon A++ Content, is a tool that goes a level beyond basic A+ Content, giving brands the ability to showcase their product’s most important features and benefits with a modern, visually appealing structure.
In August 2022, Amazon announced Premium A+ would be available on Seller Central for free usage during a promotional period. Previously, Premium A+ content was available only by invite for brands using Vendor Central and could cost anywhere from $250K and $500K per product.
With Premium A+ content, a brand visually communicates using imagery and video, and relies much less on text due to strict character limits for product descriptions. According to Amazon, implementing Premium A+ content can increase your sales by 20%.
For the first time ever, Premium A+ expands the usable real estate of the page, using the entire width of the screen for a sophisticated and modern feel.
Some noteworthy features that Premium A+ offers are:
- Full-width imagery
- More space
- Clickable Q&A
- Interactive comparison charts
- Carousel modules
- Mobile-friendly and voice-friendly product pages
Pros and Cons of Amazon A+ vs. Premium A+ Content
Although their purposes are similar, there are some key differences between A+ Content and Premium A+ Content. Here are the pros and cons for each tool:
Basic Amazon A+ Content
- Free and unlimited use for all Vendors
- An effective tool to enhance customer experience and product listings
- Fewer features than Premium A+
- Not as visually appealing as Premium A+
Premium A+ Content
- There are 16 extra modules to choose from that are media-rich and make an impact.
- You have two more available module slots than Basic Amazon A+.
- Overall, there are more possibilities for hyper-engaging content.
- You can expect a sales rate increase of up to 20% with Premium A+, according to Amazon.
- Amazon has positioned Premium A+ content as more of an exclusive tool, requiring eligibility based on past content to qualify for Premium A+ content.
- Character limit restrictions are more strict than Basic Amazon A+.
Elevate Your Amazon Content with Pattern
Ultimately, both of these tools exist to help you and your brand provide customers the best online shopping experience possible. Although Premium A+ offers plenty of exciting new options for enhancing customers’ buying experience, it may not be for everyone. Optimizing your Amazon listing with A+ or Premium A+ Content can provide the best opportunity to build a strong reputation for better brand-recognition and customer affinity.
Our creative and digital marketing experts at Pattern can help brands use A+ Content and Premium A+ Content to increase conversions and give buyers an amazing experience.
Learn how Pattern can help you increase conversions on Amazon. Contact us.