The purpose of this Notice is to inform you about our privacy practices and to ensure that you understand the purposes for which we collect and process your personal data. The following is a brief summary of the manner and purposes for which we process your personal data.
This Notice relates to your personal data, i.e. data about you, an individual, from which you can be identified.
This Notice therefore does not apply to any data insofar as it is held, processed, disclosed or published in a form which cannot be linked to a living individual (such as anonymised data, aggregated data, or data which, in a given form, cannot be identified, directly or indirectly, with a specific individual ("Anonymised and Aggregated Data"). We reserve the right to generate Anonymised and Aggregated Data extracted out of any databases containing your personal data and to make use of any such Anonymised and Aggregated Data as we see fit.
While this Notice is intended to establish a standard for our information processing activities globally, those processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those circumstances, we comply with relevant local laws and regulations.
We may update this Notice from time to time and the updated version of this Notice will be effective upon posting on the Services. Please check this page to review the most up-to-date version of this Notice.
Where your personal data is collected and processed in connection with our Services, Pattern is the entity which is responsible for processing the data. If you have any questions or concerns about Pattern’s use of your personal data, please contact Jed Brunson, Chief Information Officer, at privacy@Pattern.com.
We operate the Services from the United States of America (USA) and our data collection and processing activities take place predominantly in the USA. Accordingly, data collected from users when using our Services is collected in the USA. We store and otherwise process data (including personal data) through third party cloud service providers and other IT service providers which may be located or which may operate in other countries.
- Information That You Provide Directly or Authorize Someone Else to Give Us. We may ask you to provide certain information including, but not limited to your name (including names of individual officers and representatives of corporate suppliers or customers), title, email address, company name, mailing, delivery, payment and/or home address and telephone number. We retain messages you send through the Services, and any other data you provide to us. We use this data for our business purposes related to the Services, including fulfilling orders for products purchased on our storefronts and as further detailed below.
- Information Collected or Received From Third Parties. If you are a business customer, we may collect data about your business from third party online marketplaces on which your storefronts are operated (e.g. Amazon, Walmart, eBay).
- Cookies. When you use the Services, we sometimes send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation on the Services. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow us or our third-party analytics tools we use to track your usage of the Services. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent use of the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser's directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Log File. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you access or use the Services, our servers (and third party service providers we use such as Google Analytics) may automatically record certain log file information, including but not limited to your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. Clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) allow for the tracking of a user's response to an email or usage of a website in a manner that does not reveal personally identifiable information. We (and third party service providers we use) may use clear GIFs or similar technologies to assess responses to emails and usage of the Services. For example, we may use clear GIFs to track when emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable certain abilities of clear GIFs to capture information by blocking cookies.
- Device Identifiers. When you access or use the Services using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers," such as a universally unique identifier. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Services. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation on the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Certain advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the operating system's settings.
- Location Data. When you access or use the Services using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store "location data," which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Services. Some features of the Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial Communications. Insofar as permitted under applicable law, we may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you in relation to the Services or related services we offer. Subject where legally required to your consent to receiving such communications, we may use the information to communicate with you in relation to other services that we and our affiliates offer. For example, we may use the information to send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. We may also use the information to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices).
- Use of Certain Service-Type information. We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, clear GIFs and other tools to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information to you or others; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- Use of information with Your Consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you based solely on automated decision-making that will have a significant impact on you. However, we will update this Notice if this position changes.
The purposes for which we collect and store your personal data are the following:
- To enable us to deliver the Services to you and to enable you to use them efficiently;
- To perform our contractual obligations to purchasers of our products and to fulfil orders made on our storefronts for our products;
- Insofar as permitted under applicable law, to communicate with you in relation to the Services and other services that we or our affiliates offer;
- To personalize, test, monitor, improve and upgrade the Services;
- For loss prevention purposes and to protect and enforce our rights and meet our obligations to third parties
- To meet our legal obligations and the regulatory requirements to which we are subject, if necessary to assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas or court orders; and
- For our internal business purposes, such as compiling and analyzing usage information for general operational, statistical and business purposes.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you provided us with any details of personal data, please keep us informed if such details change.
The processing of your information is lawful on the basis of the following:
- Where relevant, the fulfilment of our contractual obligations to you or at your request prior to entering into a contract with us, where we process your information at your request as part of the Services;
- Compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject, including to comply with legal process (see further below);
- our legitimate interests in (among other things) providing and administering the Services, conducting commercial research, improving and maintaining the Services, personalising and tailoring content made available to you through the Services, protecting the security or integrity of our databases, protecting our business or reputation, taking precautions against legal liability, dealing with our assets in the event of a business change (see further below), protecting and defending our rights or property, required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, investigating and attending to inquiries or complaints with respect to your use of the Services; and
- where none of the above applies, where relevant, we may rely on your consent for the processing of your data.
- Business Associates and Service Providers. We may share information about you with third-party business associates and service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with the Services, for examples, providers of information technology support services or data analytics services. Where your information is shared with such third parties, we ensure that the third party service provider will deal with your information only on our behalf and on our written instructions and solely for the benefit of our business (and not for its own benefit).
- Supplier of products purchased on our storefronts. Where necessary, we may provide details of an order including your personal information to suppliers of the products that you ordered. We would only disclose personal information of a purchaser to the supplier of the product if this is necessary to address any problems in fulfilling the order or in other specific circumstances.
- Business Change. If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to successor party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership or legal structure.
- Necessary Disclosure. We may disclose information about you to third parties to: (i) enforce or apply our contractual or legal rights; (ii) comply with laws, subpoenas, warrants, court orders, legal processes or requests of government or law enforcement officials; (iii) protect our rights, reputation, safety or property, or that of our clients or others; (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or (vi) investigate, prevent or take action regarding known or suspected illegal activities, fraud, violation of our rights, reputation, safety or property, or those of our users or others; or as otherwise required by law.
- Sharing information. We may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business associates who may use such information for the purposes described in the section titled "How We Collect and Use information."
- Aggregated data. As mentioned above, we may also aggregate or otherwise strip information of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties or publish it. This data does not personally identify you and helps us to measure the success of the Services and their features and to improve your experience. We reserve the right to make use of any such aggregated data as we see fit.
We take certain physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Services against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal data will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. We assume no liability for disclosure of your information due to transmission errors, third-party access or causes beyond our control.
- Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails concerning your relationship or dealings with us (e.g. emails sent to customers in relation to purchases made using the Services).
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not recognize "do not track" signals sent from web browsers. In some cases, your browser may offer a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites and mobile applications and services. Disabling tracking mechanisms may disable certain features of the Services. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for you browser, operating system or mobile device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms. You may also disable tracking by certain third-party services by opting out:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The Services are not directed to children and are intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any information through the Services.
Users based in the European Union have the following legal rights in respect of their information:
- The right to require Pattern to confirm whether or not their information is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipients of any information that has been disclosed, the period for which their information is to be stored and whether any automated decision-making processes are used in relation to their information;
- The right to require Pattern to rectify inaccurate information;
- Where Pattern has relied on the ‘consent’ basis for processing that information (see above), the right to withdraw their consent at any time. This right to withdraw consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- The right to request the erasure of their information in certain circumstances (for example, information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected);
- The right to require Pattern to restrict its processing of a user’s personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of that data is disputed or an objection has been raised;
- The right (in certain circumstances) to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to object (in certain circumstances) to the processing of personal data;
- Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU member state where the user resides.
Please note that the above legal rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions including where the data is used for statistical or scientific research purposes and the exercise of the right would prevent such purposes from being attained or would seriously impair their attainment.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email address] with "Request for California Privacy information" in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide to you via email a list of the categories of information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties' names and addresses. Please note that not all personal data sharing is covered by Section 1798.83's requirements.
1633 Innovation Way, STE 300
Lehi, UT 84043
United States of America