Walmart.com

Walmart.com may be a relative newcomer to ecommerce, but the retail giant is quickly catching up to Amazon in terms of resources and capabilities. In fact, 35% of Amazon sellers also sell on Walmart.com and Walmart is the second-largest marketplace in the U.S. after Amazon. Pattern's Walmart.com experts can help your brand take advantage of the ecommerce opportunity on Walmart.com.

Walmart.com Ecommerce Sales

$21.9B

Walmart Monthly Visitors

308M

Walmart.com Digital Advertising Revenue

$2-3B

Canada

10%

U.S.

5.3%

Mexico

5%

What Does Ecommerce on Walmart.com Look Like?

What Does Ecommerce on Walmart.com Look Like?

Walmart.com is one of the fastest-growing ecommerce marketplaces in the United States. They recently launched Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS), announced Walmart+, and are poised to offer brands more selling options on their growing platform.

Walmart.com Is Growing

Walmart.com Is Growing

Walmart.com grew its U.S. eCommerce sales by 35% in 2019, passing up eBay to become the second-largest online retailer in the U.S. after Amazon. Walmart.com expects a 40% increase in online sales in 2020.

Walmart.com Has Less Competition

Walmart.com Has Less Competition

Unlike Amazon, Walmart only supplies some 8% of its 44 million products. The remainder—a whopping 92%—come from third-party sellers on Walmart.com. And Walmart only has around 30K sellers, compared to Amazon’s 3 million, giving early sellers an advantage.

What Are Challenges on Walmart.com?

What Are Challenges on Walmart.com?

Premium brands often view Walmart as a discount retailer and don't want to associate their brand name with Walmart.com. In reality, Walmart.com has a wide variety of luxury brands, and unauthorized sellers often already sell premium brand products on Walmart.com anyway. It's important to sell wherever your customers are before someone else.

Resources

Pattern’s Latest Ecommerce Insights