Thorne is a supplements and wellness brand dedicated to quality ingredient sourcing, clinical research, lab testing, and sustainable business practices.
Partner SinceMay 1, 2015
MarketplacesAmazon U.S., CA, U.K., China; Tmall, Walmart.com, Jet, MercadoLibre
Seller CategoryHealth, Household & Personal Care
Thorne needed more bandwidth to expand their ecommerce presence. They wanted to grow to new marketplaces, but needed a partner to get there. Not only that, but MAP compliance issues from various online sellers were creating problems for their pricing and profitability. Finally, a lack of a uniform customer experience across marketplaces brought them to Pattern.
- Lacking bandwidth to expand ecommerce presence to new markets.
- Wanted to go international and to new marketplaces but needed help.
- MAP compliance issues from online sellers.
- Prices and profitability decreased.
Poor Customer Experience
- No uniform customer brand experience on all marketplaces.
- Wanted to create a seamless customer journey.
- Thorne's content on listings was not the same across different marketplaces.
From the beginning, we partnered Thorne with a personal Brand Manager to maintain a close relationship with Thorne's production and operations team. Then we attacked all of their problems head on together: Our creative team revamped their A+ content and made full 360 product renders, we gave Thorne compliance tools through our Predict software, and Pattern's digital advertising and marketing experts grew sales. Lastly, our international marketplace experts took Thorne to China and beyond.
- “ Since Pattern, Thorne has reached thousands of new customers and been able to compete within the cluttered supplement category through advertising. ”
Touria Carson, Thorne Growth and Digital Marketing Manager
- “ Pattern's management of our Amazon sales has improved the customer experience and provided valuable information regarding product movement. ”
Thomas McKenna, Thorne Chief Operating Officer
Through their Pattern partnership, Thorne was able to expand to 7 new marketplaces and countries including Walmart.com, Tmall, MercadoLibre, Jet, and Amazon China, CA, and EU. Their brand control has never been better, and all their listings are optimized for sales growth.
- Sales growth of 50% over one year. Thorne averaged $125,000 in daily sales in 2018.
- Increased Subscribe and Save customers by 50% YoY.
- Enhanced SEO for titles, headlines, back-end search terms, etc., as well as A+ Content implementation.
- New image stacks, 360 bottle renders, and videos from the Pattern creative team.
- MAP compliance has averaged 99% over the last 6 months.
- Listings are uniform.
- Thorne has expanded to Walmart.com, Tmall, MercadoLibre, Jet, and Amazon China, CA, and EU.
New Marketplaces and Countries
2018 Daily Sales Average