Skechers' China D2C Site
Skechers is a global footwear brand. Pattern's Greater China team helped trade Skechers’ Chinese ecommerce site.
Size$5.2B Net Sales
Since helping Skechers to launch a localized D2C website for China, Pattern has worked with the brand as its D2C trade partner in the region. The challenge has been to accelerate total online sales through a relentless focus on marketing and trading on the site, plus providing excellent customer service to Skechers’ Chinese customers.
China D2C Site
- Skechers employed Pattern to be their D2C Trading Partner and help run their China D2C operations.
- Skechers employed Pattern's Greater China team to take care of personalized customer service for their China D2C customers.
Pattern advised on re-positioning the brand, creating an image-driven brand campaign strategy. Designed to differentiate Skechers’ D2C offer from its marketplace presence, the strategy utilized a test-and-learn approach. We managed and marketed to Skechers’ D2C customer database connected to its broader CRM program. Pattern's China team also oversaw content creation and conversion rate optimization, including search engine optimization on Baidu and other channels. We planned and executed on-site merchandising. Our team also operated pre- and post-sales customer service, which is crucial to making sales to Chinese consumers. Lastly, we made recommendations on operational process improvements.
We created an integrated marketing and operation strategy across Skechers’ D2C site and marketplaces. Due to Pattern's efforts, site revenue grew by 133% in 2018, to RMB32 million (US $4.8 million). The site acquires 500 new users every day. Skechers.cn is the third best performing Chinese D2C site for sneakers by sales.
D2C Revenue Up
- Site revenue grew by 133% in 2018, to RMB32 million, or US$4.8 million.
D2C Users Up
- Skechers' China D2C site acquires 500 new users every day.
- Skechers.cn is the third best performing Chinese D2C site for sneakers by sales.
Integrated Strategy Creation
- Pattern created an integrated marketing and operation strategy across Skechers’ D2C site and marketplaces.
D2C Site Revenue Up
Daily New Users
Best Performing D2C Site in China