Protocol for Life Balance
Protocol For Life Balance is an A-rated GMP manufacturer of pharmaceutical grade dietary supplements created for healthcare practitioners.
Seller CategoryHealth, Household & Personal Care
When COVID-19 hit in March of 2020, Protocol for Life Balance was quickly out of stock of many immune supplements due to the increased demand. Pattern and Protocol for Life Balance assumed we were losing potential traffic on the immune products. There was little reason to spend ad spend on products that would likely sell out anyways.
Out of Stock
- Many out of stock immune products because of surge in demand
- Worried about spending too much money on ads for products that would be out of stock
Pattern’s advertising team decided to approach the months following the pandemic differently. Pattern looked at what we called the “unexpected performers”. These were products that were receiving more sales than the previous month by more than 25%, but weren’t considered immune or vitamin D (the products the COVID crisis was naturally bumping). To capitilize on the "unexpected performers," Pattern and Protocol for Life Balance increased the total budget, ran non-branded ads, and capitalized on natural increases.
- “ Pattern is a great company to work with and we truly value their partnership. They work closely with us in order to protect our brand. ”
Raul Torres, Protocol For Life, National Account Manager
Because Protocol for Life Balance and Pattern’s advertising team shifted their strategy, Protocol for Life Balance was able to prove that supplements can outperform the month of January (typically the best performing month for supplement brands).
- New customers jumped from 37.25% of total customers in the month of January to 44.45% of total customers in April
- Conversions on Non-Branded Sponsored Products increased 211%
- 84% increase of RoAS in 3 months
INCREASE IN ROAS
Increase of Conversions on Non-Branded Sponsored Products
37.25% to 44.45%
Can Outperform January